Kid's Work Therapy Service Offerings
Kid’s Work Therapy offers a world-class comprehensive program designed around evidence-based research.
Dr. Foster and her team offer a variety of workshops to parents, educators, and medical providers, and is excited to share her knowledge and experience in fun, interactive sessions with you.
Below is a range of sample topics. Please contact Dr. Foster directly to discuss specific interests of your group. These workshops are available in 1-2 hour short sessions, 4-8 hour intensive sessions, and multi-day experiences
- What is Occupational Therapy?
- Autism Spectrum Disorder and Occupational Therapy.
- Self-Regulation and Mindfulness Activities for Sensory Processing Disorder.
- Teens and Technology: Promoting Balance, & the Impact of Technology on the Developing Child’s Brain.
- Sensory Processing Treatment of Birth Difficulties & Developmental Delays, including the relationship of prenatal and perinatal events and maternal sensory processing on a child’s sensory processing, and maternal sensory processing on a child’s sensory processing.
- Smart & Sensitive: Sensory Processing Disorders & Gifted and Talented Education (GATE) Children.
- Integrating Sensory Processing and Attachment Disorders into Occupational Therapy.
- Mothers of “Out-of-Sync” Children: Helping Moms make sense of sensory processing patterns—An Evidence Based Approach.
- How do prenatal and perinatal events impact a child’s sensory processing?
- The impact of sensory integration disorders on mental health for children.
- Let’s Play: Enhancing the occupations of childhood through playgroups.
- Enhancing learning with classroom materials.
- Growing handwriting and motor skills for children at home and in the classroom.
Our Treatment Philosophy
Every child is a special gift and has unique ways of learning and teaching us.
A child’s strengths and interests provide the key to helping them succeed in their daily occupation: that of living, learning and playing.
When treating Sensory Processing Disorder, out goals are threefold:
- Provide parents a better understanding of their child. Parents are a key part of our therapeutic approach, and we welcome their full involvement. This is how we help get your child in gear.
- Train the child’s nervous system to improve their sensory processing as well as teach them effective coping strategies.
- Collaborate with parents, educators, and other therapists on ways to change the environment to allow better functioning for the child.